Special Education

“Special Education” refers to student support in the form of a Student Support Team (SST), 504 plan or Individualized Education Program (IEP).

  • A 504 plan is typically implemented by the classroom teacher and does not include specialized instruction. 
  • An IEP typically means that the student is receiving specialized instruction in addition to the regular curriculum, or is following a modified curriculum. Under an IEP, the student has one designated special educator who works with them throughout the school year. If necessary, students also work with a physical therapist or occupational therapist.

For details on SSTs, 504s and IEPs, please refer to the documents below. 

If you have concerns about how your child is doing at school, no matter how small, Mr. Fare encourages you to reach out to your child’s teacher. If that is not an option, don’t hesitate to email Mr. Fare: tfare@bcps.org.

If you would like to talk to a fellow parent about anything related to Special Ed at Pot Spring, reach out to the PTA’s Special Ed liaison. Jeff McIntyre is knowledgeable and happy to help: bugsandrocky@gmail.com.