Pot Spring PTA's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee
The Pot Spring PTA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee works to encourage diversity, achieve equity, and foster inclusion for all Pot Spring community members regardless of their identity (e.g. race, color, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, employment status, immigration status or socioeconomic status), within the PTA and at school.
- WELCOME all Pot Spring families into the community.
- PROMOTE and CELEBRATE diversity, inclusion and multiculturalism through a variety of programs and events.
- PROVIDE a safe space for all members of the community to ask questions about, learn about, and discuss issues and topics related to diversity and identity.
- FACILITATE an ongoing conversation about issues and topics related to diversity and identity.
- COLLABORATE with our faculty, staff and guardians in the ongoing pursuit of growing an equitable school and PTA environment.
Resources for talking about race with your children
Racial Trauma and Ways to Cope: https://www.theconsciouskid.org/racial-trauma
How to Talk to Kids about Race: https://www.theconsciouskid.org/how-to-talk-to-kids-about-race
Talking to your Kids about Race and Racism: https://www.apa.org/topics/talking-children
8 Tips for Talking to your Child about Racial Injustice: https://www.embracerace.org/resources/young-kids-racial-injustice
Beyond the Golden Rule: A Parent's Guide to Preventing and Responding to Prejudice:
|Book Image||Book Information|
Black is a Rainbow Color by Angela Joy
Sometimes People March by Tessa Allen
Not my Idea by Anastasia Higginbotham
The Undefeated by Kwame Alexander
Racism and Intolerance by Louise A Spilsbury